Baked Lemon Chicken
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown.
- Turn off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour into a 9 x 12 inch baking dish.
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce.
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
- Cook chicken on grill, skin side up, for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned.
- If the chicken isn’t browned enough, flip chicken so the skin side is down and cook for five minutes. Be careful of flare-ups.
- Put cooked tots on paper towel to drain. Serve hot.