Roasted Pumpkin & Spinach Salad with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice pumpkin into 6 slices.
- Remove seeds and lay on baking sheet.
6 cups spring baby spinach (or spinach/baby greens mix)
6 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
6 teaspoons dried cranberries
1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Drizzle slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- When cool, remove skin with paring knife.
- Cut roasted pumpkin into small cubes.
- Add dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Add the maple syrup, whisk, and then season to taste with salt.
- Add spinach and pumpkin cubes to large salad bowl, and top with blue cheese, cranberries, and pecan.
- Add dressing, toss, and serve.