Thai Green Mango Slaw
- Peel mango and slice off large sections, removing as much fruit as possible from the seed.
- Julienne the sections of mango into thin strips.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 mango, not fully ripe, peeled
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- Combine mango strips with the cabbage, carrots and scallions in large bowl and toss.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice. White stirring, drizzle in sesame oil.
- Heat dry skillet over medium heat and lightly toast sesame seeds until fragrant. Remove toasted seeds from hot skillet to prevent burning.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate slaw at least 15 minutes, allowing flavors to blend.